Friday, January 28, 2011

The Bet

I have been toying with the idea of a motivational bet, to keep me on track, since just knowing I need to lose weight and get fit has done dinkus for me over the past 10 years.

On my FB page I suggested donating money to a charity, but as that's a win/win, I'm not sure its the best idea, and we already do that anyway.

A psychologist friend suggested writing a check to an organization I hate and having someone mail it if I fail, but I am torn about that idea as well.

So I have decided that since I hate being out in a swimsuit in public at my current weight, that I will post a full body shot of myself on my public FB page if my goal of 1 lb/week is not met by June 1, which would be a goal weight of just under 230.
If I meet that, I will renew the bet for the next quarter or so.

Since neither I nor my viewers want that to happen, I think I will get the encouragement I need!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I try to use positive motivators. But if public humiliation is your thing, I'll be glad to help being here to laugh at your picture.
    Also, I try to tie the rewards to behaviors rather than weight loss because weight can be a trap for obsession and overall inaccurate. (for women at least) Right now I am giving myself a spa service for every 3, (yes only 3!) days that I exercise and log all of my food into "Lose It".

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.