Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 3 - Dinner - Temptation

On the way home from a very funny 5 year old swim meet, which was a little like watch baby chicks leave the nest, my son requested McDonalds. As a treat I let him get a Happy Meal, which I recognize as being kindergarden crack. I planned on eating leftovers, but smelling his fries in the car was like having someone light up a cigarette after going cold turkey for 2 days. Fortunately I was able to resist but I wanted to document how hard it was, to remind myself to be kinder to patients who are having a hard time with junk food.
Anyway, I made it home and heated up the leftover pot roast and polenta from Day 1, added some frozen peas briefly simmered with diced onion and red bell pepper left over from breakfast. Note to self - nice color combo for Christmas.
So 2 hours later and I admit, I am still a bit hungry, but considering I have been eating about half my normal consumption, thats not too surprising. Still, 3 days in a row and I have done pretty well, thanks to the blog.  Just 10 hours until breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.