Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 11 - Birthday Cake!


So today happened to be my birthday. I decided when I woke up that I was not going to be Crazy Diet Person and refuse cake, or whatever else my family might offer me. I think what is important about proper eating, is not to deny oneself special treats, but not to make them an everyday event. Not being one who craves sweets, I can't say that I was especially looking forward to having birthday cake, but if a 20 oz Porterhouse had been plopped on my plate, I would have put a hurting on it and not felt the slightest bit guilty. As it turned out, I had a healthy dinner and 2 half slices of cake (we had 2 kinds), and enjoyed it.
Moderation is the key, and so far I have felt very successful with that, while eating some pretty great food. 

Breakfast - large bowl of whole grain cereal with cashews and craisins, skim milk, coffee

Late lunch - 1 bowl pasta salad

Snack - Cashews & Craisins, again (can you tell I like this combo?)

Dinner - (Made by my wife) Awesome Curried Chicken & Rice Salad 
(Chopped up chicken (room temp), cooked rice (room temp), grapes cut in half, chopped pecans, diced celery, sweet pickle relish, mayo, curry powder, salt/pepper to taste - amazingly simple and everyone loves it. The pickle relish and curry powder are mandatory.)

1/2 piece cheese cake, 1/2 piece carrot cake, with a candle on top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.