Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 4 - Boring leftovers/yummy Moosewood Moroccan Stew


Success again - I made it to breakfast without snacking after dinner, but I had to drink a few large glasses of water to put something in my growling stomach.
I made sure to eat breakfast again this AM, but nothing special, just a bowl of bran ceral, skim milk and coffee (gotta have my coffee). That makes 4/4.
For lunch I ate a few small slices of leftover London Broil (very lean cut, great taste - more on this later), some rice and spinach, all from the fridge and into the microwave.

Moosewood Moroccan Stew
I picked up a pile of these on 2 for 1 sale at the grocery, and they make great mid afternoon snacks. VERY tasty, loaded with veggies and only 170 calories. (Click on image for details) From the much touted Moosewood Restaurant, one of the granddaddy vegetarian joints in the country, and associated with the fantastic cookbook of the same name. Highly recommended if the price is right.
So far so good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.