Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 18 - The Munchies


Tonight was a struggle. I was very hungry after arriving home at 7:30 and couldn't wait to eat dinner. I had a large portion of leftover chicken curry on rice, but 30 minutes later I was still having strong cravings. 

While cleaning my daughter's room I came across some chocolate she had stashed away (for how long who knows) and I couldn't resist having a few pieces. 

Still hungry I ate a couple ounces of goat's cheese (was on sale at supermarket) on about 6 small slices of a baguette type loaf of bread. 

Still hungry I decided to do what I had done on earlier nights and fixed a large green salad with a couple tablespoons of the Thai dressing I "invented" and that finally did it. My guess is that I consumed 500 cal over what I had hoped for today, but at least the snacks (minus the chocolate) were healthy. In the past I have been know to demolish a bag of chips, half a container of ice cream or whatever else I could get my hands on with little prep. 

Perhaps next time I will try to fill up on something like the salad before I get into trouble. Diets are not supposed to be perfect, with no forays into "pleasure foods", and I am not berating myself about it. But clearly, I need to have a plan in place for next time, and make a mental note to keep salad greens, fresh fruit or the equivalent in the fridge always.

Breakfast - Swiss Mueli, skim milk, coffee
Lunch  - Moosewood Cafe pasta with pesto - 370 cal
4PM snack - Amy's Organic Spinach burrito - 310 cal
Dinner - 1 bowl Chicken Curry & rice
After dinner Munchies - 4 small pieces of chocolate, 6 small slices baguette with goat cheese, large green salad with Thai dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.