Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 4 - Late night cravings

Around 8 PM, after getting home from work, I had a big bowl of canned Progresso soup, to which I sauteed some chopped peppers, onions and garlic for flavor and to add some veg. High sodium but low calorie dinner.
At 11PM, I was not yet ready for bed and decided to watch Nova on Tivo. Shortly after starting the show I started feeling very hungry. Since I had such a light dinner, I decided to fix a snack, which turned out to be a big shredded broccoli salad (store bought broccoli coleslaw mix in a bag) to which I added olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. (I did consider using ranch dressing until I checked out the label which showed 200 cal per 2 tbs serving, and passed.)
Very  filling and took about 20 minutes to eat due to high fiber content. 
Admittedly though, I went against the advice I pass along to patients, to avoid eating while watching TV. Research shows this causes overeating, and the recommendation is to eat only in the kitchen/dining room, and to not bring the king sized bag of chips in to the den, for what will likely be a 2000 calorie snack.
At 11:45, I couldn't watch deep sea squid anymore and crashed, only to be called an 30 minutes later by the hospital for orders  - welcome to my world. Still, another good day diet-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.