Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 24 - Staying On Track


So the weekend off, without blogging definitely put me off track, and I find it amazing how easily I can lose momentum. So I am blogging yesterday today, and plan to be more diligent, at least until I reach my weight goal of sub 200.
Reflecting on positives, I have consistent eaten breakfast over the past 3 weeks and I believe that has made a substantial difference in how good I feel during the day. Lunches have all been relatively low-cal, in the 300-400 range, and I have not succumbed to the burger run. I have also avoided entirely sodas and sweet drinks, and get my morning caffeine from 1-2 cups of coffee with skim milk. (Coffee or colas in the PM mess up my sleep as I get older, so those are a no-no.)
The biggest improvement has been avoidance of high calorie, after dinner snacks, when I am reading, on the computer or watching TV late at night. These I believe are one of the chief sources of my weight gain, as I tend to eat pretty healthy food during the day.
I have limited these snacks to salads with very light dressing, unsalted nuts (1-2 handfuls max) & fresh fruit. TV watching is the worst though, as I feel pangs of hunger almost immediately after turning it on, just like one of Pavlov's dogs. The clear answer would be to severely limit TV consumption, but sometimes I like everyone else just need to zone out for a while.

Breakfast - Whole grain cereal with skim milk, coffee
Lunch - Marie Callenders frozen dinner - 400 cal
Dinner - Mixed green salad with goat cheese, peaches, blueberries, balsamic vinegarette + leftover chicken salad (made with apples & cilantro)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.