Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 12 - Rush, rush, rush - Top 100 Diet Tips


Although I had a fairly light schedule today, I had to squeeze in time to eat. Breakfast was grabbed on the way out the door, lunch was between surgeries and dinner was between work and T-ball. Fortunately I had some healthy stuff ready to go, so I didn't end up eating crap as usual. This is one of the pitfalls for many busy adults - eating bad food because there is not enough time to make something better, or no decent options when out. 
The key, according to those who know about this sort of thing, is to be prepared. Just having a big can of nuts on the counter, some nice fresh & dried fruit, and some good leftovers in the fridge has made my week MUCH easier. This also allows one to nip hunger in the bud, before it becomes a raging monster, hell bent on a large bag of Doritos.
So far I have eaten 11 breakfasts in a row (likely a record for me as an adult), really cut down on the after dinner snacking, while eating more throughout the day, to prevent being starving in the evenings.

For more tips compiled by people who know a lot more than I do, check out Top 100 Diet Tips

Thats all I have for today.

Breakfast - Banana, nuts, dried fruit, coffee, running out the door.
Lunch - Big serving of sauteed italian veggies (zucchini, bell peppers, squash, etc), baked cauliflower - a la High Point Regional Hospital cafeteria, squeezed in between cases
Dinner  - bowl of pasta salad, running out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read here, especially if you have something to add, or correct some misinformation.